Introduction Post

Hello Everyone!

My name is Armando Morales. I am a second-year undergraduate student at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. I am currently majoring in Elementary Education, and every day I am learning more about what I want to be like as a teacher. Outside of school, I love getting involved in creative projects and always find something to write about or something to draw. I would describe myself as an ambitious person who loves to help those in need.

Most of my experience in using technology in an educational setting came from when I started college. Before then, I often used Microsoft programs in my classes when I created PowerPoint presentations or wrote documents using Word. During my first year in college, I took a course called Universal Design for Learning; part of the curriculum was learning how educational technology can be used to create a more inclusive learning environment for students of all skill levels. It was in this class I learned about programs such as Voice Thread (which allows users to do voice recordings for a presentation or document) and other software that can suit the needs of many types of learners.

I am continuing to build my personal learning network (PLN) as I progress in my collegiate career. I frequently use social media websites such as Instagram and Reddit to help develop the first draft of my teaching style, with some influence from educators in my field. Outside of the Internet, I usually refer to student organizations and other people in my university to connect with other education students and faculty who work in the educational field. Some organizations like Teach For America are beneficial for education students who wish to gain experience in working with students. There are also organizations such as the National Education Association (NEA) that provide teachers with the adequate tools to provide students with an all-encompassing educational experience.

I look forward to writing new posts for this blog by sharing my journey in becoming a trailblazer teacher. ☺

Comments

  1. Hi Armando! I am glad that you had experience in UDL! It's important in making education more accessible. I am looking forward to your sharing. Btw, I like your sci-fo style background :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts